The Information Technology Discipline academics possess world class expertise in artificial intelligence, particularly in knowledge modelling, software robots, image processing and their applications in e-health, tourism, social network analytics, education systems and active living. In 2015, Computer Science at Victoria University was ranked top 4% in the QS WU Subject Ranking. In 2017, Computer Science at Victoria University was ranked 2% by Times HE Subject Ranking, which was 2nd in Melbourne. The followings are some recent research projects.
- Data Exchange and Service Integration with Applications in Health Information Systems, ARC Linkage
- Privacy Preserving Data Sharing in Electronic Health Environment, ARC Linkage
- Accurate and Online Abnormality Detection in Multiple Correlated Time Series, ARC DECRA
- Using Data Mining Methods to Remove Uncertainties in Sensor Data Streams, ARC Discovery
- Real-time and Self- Adaptive Stream Data Analyser for Intensive Care Management, ARC Linkage
We have strong interests in applying intelligent technologies in smart environments such as smart homes and smart cities. If you would like to explore collaboration and knowledge transfer, please contact the Discipline Head, Professor Yuan Miao at Yuan.Miao@vu.edu.au .